Hot flashes and night sweats are, in the majority of cases, caused by hormonal imbalance, mainly at the time of menopause. They result in intense and sudden sensations of heat that cause excessive sweating and are a source of great discomfort. So how to treat night sweats naturally? Are there any natural remedies for this symptom of menopause and avoid waking up sweating?
Night sweats and hot flashes: menopause and other causes
Causes of night sweats:
As we have said, night sweats are the result of hormonal imbalances that can have different causes:
- Menopause is the primary cause of hot flashes: a sudden sensation of intense heat followed by palpitations, chills, profuse sweating, and a feeling of dizziness;
- Pregnancy is also a time of life when night sweats can occur;
- Hyperthyroidism and endocrine pathologies are the other common causes of hormonal disruption.
Hot flashes and menopause
Hot flashes and night sweats begin to cause uncomfortable nights in wet sheets for most women between the ages of 45 and 55 due to menopause. In fact, the average age of menopause is between 48 and 52.
However, many women experience what is called pre-menopause. This is a period when menstrual cycles become irregular but women continue to menstruate. Menopausal symptoms, including night sweats and hot flashes, begin to appear:
- vaginal dryness;
- urinary disorders: urinary leakage, frequent urination, regular urinary infections;
- fatigue sometimes accompanied by headaches;
- sleep disorders: insomnia, night wakings;
- mood disorder: irritability, anxiety ;
- joint pains.
During menopause, hot flashes occur mostly at night and disturb sleep.
The day of the situations are favorable:
- ambient heat ;
- eating a heavy or spicy meal;
- alcohol consumption;
- physical exercise ;
Treat night sweats and hot flashes naturally
Night sweats are episodes of perspiration during the night that can go as far as forcing you to change the sheets during the night and, in any case, disrupt your sleep.
Tips to avoid night sweats and hot flashes
- Practice a gentle physical activity and limit excessive sweating due to hormonal changes: yoga, swimming, pilates, cycling, etc. Three times a week will improve your mood and your overall health.
- Eating right At myVeggie, we believe that nutrition is the greatest source of wellness. We recommend limiting alcohol, tea, coffee and spices to avoid night sweats. Omega 3 (fatty fish) and fiber (vegetables and legumes) are, on the other hand, great allies against nervousness and digestive disorders.
Natural solutions against night sweats
Plants are the best natural remedies to fight against night sweats and hot flashes. Herbal medicine helps the body regain its hormonal balance to improve well-being. To help you fight naturally against menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, without phyto-oestrogens, there are menopause food supplements.
MyVeggie has designed the the best menopause food supplement formulated from Cimicifuga or cohoshthe plant with the most effective action to regulate night sweats. It allows to relieve effectively and durably the discomforts linked to the menopause thanks to its rigorously selected active ingredients.
Composition of myVeggie Menopause:
- The Cimicifuga or actée à grappes: Helps maintain a comfortable menopause by acting on hot flashes.
- Hibiscus: Promotes renal elimination of water and helps to reduce the feeling of heavy legs.
- Ginseng, Vitamins B6, B9, C and Iron: Contribute to reduce fatigue and bring energy to the body.
- Passion flower: Contributes to relaxation, rest.
- Witch hazel: Helps to relieve menopausal symptoms, helps to maintain mobility and flexibility of joints, helps to reduce the feeling of heavy legs and acts on the microcirculation.
- The Sun Mushroom and Zinc: Contribute to strengthen the immune system.
- Vitamin B6: Contributes to the normal functioning of the CNS and regulates the hormonal system.
myVeggie food supplements are made in France and are 100% vegan. They take the form of microgranules capable of promoting the absorption of active ingredients by the body and simplifying the dosage to one capsule per day.